Cam Runner idler-rollers give designers a new way to control linear motion and support the lighter loads that don’t require the heavy-duty performance of Osborn’s Load Runners idler-rollers. Although they’re dimensionally interchangeable with conventional needle-bearing cam followers, they provide important performance features no needle-bearing can deliver:
- Cam Runners tolerate thrust load and are completely maintenance-free
- Cam Runners offer a low electrical conductivity (non sparking)
- Cam Runners has been found to outlast conventional steel cam followers by an average of 10 times
- Cam Runners provide quiet operation resulting from no internal moving parts
- Cam Runners do not cause any lubricant leakage to contaminate your process
- Cam Runners offer a wide range of operating temperatures
- Cam Runners demonstrate good resistance to plain water, sea water, methanol, ethyl glycol and other solutions.
Further information for inch sizes.
Cam Runners are manufactured with a composite synthetic tread and stainless steel stud.
The composite treads consists of two different synthetic materials chosen to provide optimal characteristics for the outer wear surface and the inner bearing surface.
The two synthetic parts are molded together to form a single mechanically bonded assembly that is mounted on the stud, eliminating the need for conventional seals and lubricants. The outer tread material offers high mechanical strength while the inner bearing material provides high lubricity.
The stud provides optimum life and corrosion resistance. Tread bearing wear is critically dependent on the hardness of the mating surface. When this assembly is used as a direct replacement for a conventional cam follower, the life will be optimized if the cam or other mating surface is within the range of 55-60 HRC. Softer or harder materials may result in decreased life, particularly under high loads. The mating surface must be free of grease, oil and abrasive contaminants.
This assembly is dimensionally interchangeable with conventional steel cam followers. Because of its unique construction, comparable load ratings are not applicable. In order to guide you in choosing applications, extensive testing has been utilized to develop life expectancies based upon continuous duty testing at various speeds and loads. In continuous duty operation under identical loads and speeds, the Cam Runner has been found to outlast conventional steel cam followers by an average of 10 times!
Bearing to stud clearance is greater than for needle bearing designs and will increase during early use and will stabilize after “wearing in”. Not recommended for ambient temperatures above 120°C, highly abrasive applications or repeated heavy shock loads.